Tuesday, September 12, 2023

practicing forgiveness

 I'm preparing for my sermon on Sunday, which is going to be about practicing forgiveness...current working title is "Practicing Forgiveness in a Punishing World." 

Other alternative titles:

  • Making Amends, and Mending the World
  • Open-Hearted Participation in God's Mercy
Apparently a few weeks ago, I thought I might call it "A Sermon on Forgiveness - With a Twist." This is according to an email I sent on August 28. I don't think I'll go that direction now...the twist sounds a little self-serving or precious.

I like the idea of using the phrase open-hearted in the title, but if I don't, that word will still likely make it into the content of the sermon. The guidance to remain open-hearted no matter what is happening around me is wisdom that has served me well especially over the last 8-9 years, and ESPECIALLY over the last 2-3 years. Being merciful people, and people who strive to keep our side of the street clean, helps a lot to keep our hearts open. More will be revealed.

No comments: