Monday, September 11, 2023

creativity is a life force: open the nearest sail

Admittedly, I’ve been in a funk lately. I woke up this morning and though, Am I depressed?

At first I told myself I could do the bare minimum today. Just get the deliverables done, meet the deadlines, show up for the meetings and appointments already on my calendar.

Then I had a conversation with a friend and we were talking about creativity and I had the memory that creativity is a life force. I’m sure someone who is not me said that before. And then the image came forth of needing to open the sails on a boat to harness the wind.

I’ve heard many times before the idea of making small changes in direction to get where you want to go. The suggestion to alter the coordinates just by one degree and end up in a totally different place. But I had the idea that I have plugged the coordinates into the control panel (do you do that on a boat or is that an airplane?) but I’m sitting on the deck rocking in one place because the sails aren’t open. So for today, I’m opening the sail closest to me, the one that takes the least effort to see some movement. Maybe later I’ll have them all open and harness some major wind force. 

No comments: