Thursday, August 15, 2013

what's new

I was listening to the Balanced Bites podcast  (more about why momentarily) this morning, and the idea came up that people should blog daily...huh! Daily! It got the juices flowing again about whether or not I could keep up with this blog.  And I decided I would try it.  Why not?

I will try to blog as much as I can, let's put it that way.  Daily is highly unlikely to happen, although maybe I'll surprise myself.

I don't always know what I'll write about.  Right now, these are the things that I am thinking about, in no particular order:

1) What makes a "good" (or healthy might be a more appropriate word) church member?
2) Paleo -- this is why I was listening to Balanced Bites!
3) Carb back-loading
4) Lifting heavier weights
5) Training (running) for my marathon
6) Fundraising (money) for my marathon (see the nifty little thingy on the side...you can give me some money if you want!)
7) Reading the book The Interestings by Meg Wolitzer
8) Thanking God and Jesus and the saint of lost things that my iPad was in my church office and hadn't been lifted from my van yesterday
9) Worrying about money and still trying to stick to a budget
10) Managing time and getting all the ducks in a row for the kids for this fall: Jack is playing Smurf (seriously, Smurf) football; Irene and Maggie will likely start gymnastics in a few weeks; Jack begins 1st grade next Thursday; Irene will move from Pre-School to Pre-K, Maggie will move from the Toddler Room to the 3-year-old room at daycare (although she just turns 2 on the 28th...but maybe that means she will potty train ASAP, yippee!!!)

I guess that is enough for now. Perhaps if my "Top 10 Ways You Can Make Pastor Sarah Happy as a Church Member" type sermon comes out well, I'll post the notes here next week...we shall see.  I want it to be helpful so that people can grasp my philosophy and understanding of what members can do at church (otherwise why join?) but not be too preachy (haha) or judgey.

Thanks for reading! Hopefully I'll be writing more and actually cultivate a blog audience.

Here's a question for ya: if you were a pastor, what would you tell members about their participation at church?  Also, what's the best book you've read lately?

No comments: