Thursday, December 02, 2010

reverb 10: a day late, but hopefully not a dollar short



reverb 10

December 1:

One Word: Encapsulate the year 2010 in one word. Explain why you’re choosing that word. Now, imagine it’s one year from today, what would you like the word to be that captures 2011 for you?


Settling.


I feel like 2010 has been all about settling in for me. It's not settling as in setting for something; that would have negative implications. But it's a settling in, a grounding of spirit, a maturation that I'm feeling.

I'm continuing to settle into being a wife (after 6 1/2 years, I'm still settling!),

a mother (Jack just turned 4 at the end of October and I'm still getting used to parenting him and also Irene, who will be 2 in January),

a pastor (getting closer now to that 18th-month-mark at church, starting to do things for the second time and continuing to build relationships with the people here, hoping that I'll continue to minister in this place for a good while longer),

and settling into being the adult version of me (at 28, almost 29, I'm still working on this and have a long time to continue working on it, but for now, it's good!)

At this point, one year from today, I would like to have my word be similar, perhaps "grounded," or "calm" or "energized." Other attractive words would be "progress" and for me, in 2011, that might take the form of the word "simplify."

May it be so!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great words! And I sure hope it's not too late, since I didn't start (or even know about it) until this morning!!!