Saturday, March 27, 2010

scrapped goodness

I thought this kind of theme was where I was headed with my sermon this week. But, alas, it's not to be. I still kind of like this direction...perhaps I could save it for a study, or some sort of guided prayer time...

Luke 19:40:
He answered, “I tell you, if these were silent, the stones would shout out."

What is so real for you, so true, that if you didn’t share it, even the stones would cry it out for you?

It may be a burden that you’ve been living with for years, something you just don’t want to carry around anymore, something that is ready to be released. Or it may be an enthusiasm and an excitement about something that you just can’t keep to yourself anymore! Or it may just be a yearning to be more fully yourself, more fully the way God created you to be, instead of fitting yourself into a mold that someone else crafted for you at some point.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Can you adapt it for your pastoral prayer tomorrow?