Lately I seem to be encountering many people who have a very difficult time finding anything good to say about themselves. They are able to extend grace and forgiveness's to others but find it difficult to extend that same grace to themselves.
With that in mind, let's share some healthy affirmation today! Tell us five things you like about yourself!
Okay, so...5 things I like about myself:
1) I like that I am a good listener. As I'm getting to know my congregation, I'm doing a lot of listening, and I can affirm that I do believe I'm a good listener.
2) I can affirm that ...
Okay, can I just digress here a minute and say that this is hard? I would be part of the group that SingingOwl is mentioning, that aren't very nice to themselves. I'm only on #2 and already running out of things to lift up about myself...but I will keep trying...
2) Okay...I like that most of the time, I think I'm a good mom. I allow my kids to explore and take risks, and I care for myself so that I can also care for them. I have my moments, but overall, I think I'm doing alright with motherhood.
3) In that vein, I really like that I nurse the baby, and that I've been able to breastfeed both my toddler and now the baby. With the toddler, it was really a struggle in the beginning, as he was a snacker and so never let me get any rest because he wanted to nurse every hour, but I stuck it out, and that's something I'm proud of. Part of the payoff from that was that it was MUCH easier the second time around.
4) I like that I am a caring person, that I care for people both within and outside of my immediate circle, and that I go out of my way to try to let people know that I care by giving them my attention.
5) I like that I work for justice issues, in my own way. It feels good to be informed of what is going on in the world and to want to do something about it, even though sometimes I'd prefer to stick my head in the sand. Yet, when I see that others get results with their justice stance, it encourages me to keep going!