Saturday, June 30, 2007

Let's not do that again...

Well, we did not Ferberize last night. I tried, but Baby J was so pissed at me, I just couldn't do it anymore. He screamed and screamed, and, you have to understand, he is normally such a sweet, smiley, easy-going baby that to hear him scream like that is totally abnormal. I just couldn't do it. I was in the midst of a ten-minute "wait it out" and I just couldn't stand it anymore. I went and picked him up, and he was gasping and hiccuping and just generally miserable, and I had to put a blanket on the floor of his room to nurse and cuddle him for a good twenty minutes before he settled down enough to fall back to sleep. Usually when I get up with him at night to feed, it's for ten to fifteen minutes at a shot...this time I was up for about an hour total, and it was miserable. So, maybe I'm a wuss, but I just can't do it right now. I know people say it only takes a night or two and then they sleep the whole way through and don't go through the dastardly crying fits again, but I don't think I can make it. And my husband just slept through the whole thing, snoring like a trucker, which actually was good, because if he were awake he wouldn't even have made it as long as I did listening to J cry. We'll see how things go. I hope someday Baby J just decides to get himself through the whole night on his own. We've been close before and then something has always happened to shake it up. Maybe we'll get back there again. All I know is it has to happen by his first birthday! But we have till the end of October for that.

No comments: